- Current enrollment at USC as a full-time student (12 units or more)
- Must be an accounting, finance, or information systems major, or have the intent to declare such a major.
- Minimum Requirement: Sophomore Status (at least 32 units); Graduate Students are also eligible.
- GPA requirements:
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Must maintain a major GPA of 3.30 while achieving no lower than a B- in any accounting class.
- Transfer students: 3.50 transfer GPA (only applicable if applicant does not yet have a USC GPA).
Upon acceptance into Beta Alpha Psi, members are to attend 4 mandatory fraternity events and to fulfill service requirements, listed below. Members will not be able to cross to the next membership status if they do not fulfill all requirements by the end of the semester. Students that fail to cross must wait one semester before reapplying for membership.
Mandatory Fraternity Events
Mandatory events must be attended by ALL MEMBERS. You will receive 1 strike for each event you do not attend. If you cannot attend, you must receive clearance from the VP of Operations no later than 48 hours before the event unless otherwise specified.
- Saturday, September 9th, 2017: Community Service Event at LA Food Bank
- Saturday, September 16th, 2017: BAP Retreat
- Wednesday, April 12nd, 2017: Election General Meeting
Members have different requirements for each level. A level is gained each semester a member is part of BAP.
BAP hosts 10 general meeting per semester on Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm - the last of which is mandatory. Each member must fulfill the number of GMs of their status. If you cannot attend meetings due to a class or work conflict, please fill out the “Conflict Form.”
Members must display professional conduct in order to receive credit for attending general meetings. Members carrying side conversations, using electronic devices, and other unprofessional behavior during the presentation will NOT receive attendance credit for that meeting.
Professional or Coaching Hours
Each member of BAP must complete a designated number of professional or coaching hours. If you cannot attend meetings due to a class or work conflict, please fill out the "Conflict Form.”
Members who RSVP to professional events but fail to show up without proper notification will receive 1 strike.
BAP members take pride in giving back to the community. All members of the organization are required to perform community service to fulfill the following requirements:
Members who RSVP but fail to show up to the event without proper notification will receive 1 strike.
In order to maintain the organization, it is necessary for members to be actively involved in several fundraising events held during the semester. Each member is required to fulfill the fundraising credits of their status. To earn credits, members will either contribute their own time and participate in fundraising events, or enter themselves into raffle drawings. It is possible to earn more than one credit at any of the fundraising events. The following is a tentative list of fundraising events:
- Professional photo shoot
- BAP merchandise sales
- Raffle drawing for lunch/dinner with professionals
- Beta Alpha Pie Toss
Outside Hours (Optional)
Beta Alpha Psi recognizes professional and community service hours completed outside the organization (i.e. workshops held by the Career Placement and Planning Center and community service events held by other organizations). You can earn a maximum of 2.5 outside professional hours and 2.5 outside community service hours. However, to receive credit for those hours, you must:
- Confirm the eligibility of the event with the VP of Membership at least 24 hours before the event/
- Fill out a confirmation form online at .
- Take a photo of yourself at the event and submit to email@example.com for verification within 72 hours of the event. Please click here for more details.
BAP highly values professionalism, dedication and responsibility. BAP members shall make a commitment to developing themselves and growing together with their fellow brothers and sisters. Members will receive 1 strike for each Mandatory Event that he/she fails to attend. In addition, if a member signs up to attend a community service or professional event and fails to attend, he/she will receive 1 strike. Members can decline their reservation no later than 24 hours before the community service event.
- 1st Strike: Warning will be given
- 2nd Strike: Member must earn 2 additional service hours or fundraising credits
- 3rd Strike: Grounds for expulsion from BAP
* Please note that Beta Alpha Psi Member Hours will be updated every Tuesday by midnight and will be sent out in the newsletter. If you have work/class conflicts with one of the mandatory events, please email the VP of Membership with a copy of your schedule at least 72 hours prior to the event. We will not be able to excuse you otherwise. If you believe that the scorecard does not accurately reflect your involvement hours, please email the VP of Membership and include your USC ID number in the correspondence.